Visa for Child born in the U. S. to a Chinese Parent
You can apply as long as you meet one item:
① The child has applied for and been issued a Chinese visa before;
② If the child is born, both parents have a foreign passport;
③ If a parent holds a foreign passport at the time of child’s birth, the other parent holds a Chinese passport and the party who is holding the Chinese passport has a foreign permanent residency (green card);
④ If the parents of both parties hold a Chinese passport at the time of child’s birth, one of the parents has obtained the permanent residency (green card) of the foreign country.
If you do not meet these conditions, children will need to apply for a Chinese travel permit. Please consult in advance.
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a copy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.
2. Visa Application Form and photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a photo on glossy photo paper glued onto the form. The form need to be signed by one of the parents.
3. Child’s Birth Certificate
Original unabridged birth certificate of the child and a copy of the certificate.
4. Identity Certification of Parents
Original and a copy of both parents’ passports and proof of parents’ immigration status in the U.S. (i.e. Green Card).
5. Supporting documents pertaining to the visit to China, ex. Invitation letter. (Click to check documents required for each visa category)
6. Other documents as required by the consular officer.
7. If the child never gets a Chinese visa after birth, all documents listed above from 1 to 6 are required. If the child has previously been issued a Chinese visa, document #3  can be waived, but a copy of the previous Chinese visa is required.
Q2 Visa (Used to have Chinese nationality)
1. Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a copy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.
One completed Visa Application Form with a photo on glossy photo paper glued onto the form.
3. Original Chinese passport or original Chinese visa (applicable to those who have had Chinese nationality and then joined foreign nationality):
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you must provide the original Chinese passport, 2 copies of Passport Photo page. If you were issued a Chinese visa, you are applying for Chinese visa with your newly renewed foreign passport, you must provie a photocopy of the original foreign passport photo page and a photocopy of previous Chinese visa. If your name on the foreign passport is inconsistent with your original Chinese passport/Chinese visa, the officially issued certificate of the name change must also be provided.
4. Invitation letter from a Chinese citizen residing in China or a foreign citizen with permanent residency status in China.
The invitation must contain the following:
①Invited personal information: name, gender, date of birth, etc.;
②Information of the invited people: reasons for coming to China, date of arrival, location of visit, relationship with the inviter, source of expenses, etc.;
③Inviter’s information: name, contact number, address, signature of the inviter, etc.
5. A photocopy of the Chinese ID card of the inviter or a copy of the foreigner’s passport and permanent residence permit.